KEY HOLDING AND ALARM RESPONSE
When your alarms go off outside business hours, being the first on scene can be both very inconvenient and potentially very hazardous.
Substantial amounts of time and money could be saved using a Keyholding service. This can also include the routine opening and closing of your premises and acceptance of late deliveries during your out of hour’s period.
How Secure are Your Premises?
There is a real and worrying trend amongst the commercial sector in today’s climate, that regards the issue of building security as an unquantifiable drain on profits and a ‘grudge buy’. Many companies put the responsibility for locking up and securing offices and shops to the ‘last one out’.
Specific PROBLEMS & ISSUES when using internal Key Holders:
- Uncomfortable being ‘on-call’ for Key Holder response duties
- Being woken up in the middle of the night to attend alarm activations
- Having to return to work outside of normal working hours
- Leaving the family ‘home alone’
- Loss of Police Response equals zero back up
- Regular false alarms cause de-motivation
- Risk of being attacked by intruders
- Disturbed sleep patterns
- Weekends ruined
- Fatigue at work the next day, not as productive
- Real risk of a slip, trip or fall turning into a crisis if working alone
- Arriving for work late resulting in missed appointments/deadlines
- Stranded on site waiting for an alarm engineer to fix or reset the alarm
- A delayed response could invalidate any subsequent insurance claim
- Procedure for ensuring a response during sickness/holiday cover
- Untrained to confront and deal with intruders
- Paying too much for business insurance
For key holding our company uses a Key Safe system which ensures that only the appropriate persons have access to our customer’s keys and most importantly, it ensures us that your keys are very well protected. This system is also backed up with a separate safe holding the relative information. Our control office is manned 24hrs, 365 days a year and is approved/authorised by almost every insurance company.
All our vehicles are signed and highly visible and each vehicle has a Smaller Key Safe system on board.
This service has proved invaluable to our clients who use this service, alleviating the worry of late night callouts or dealing with unsavoury incidents.
Our experience has shown that many alarm activations are due to a contact break in the alarm sensors caused by windows, doors and sometimes a trapped bird. At other times a break-in is in progress, requiring a trained Security Officer to approach and manage the situation in a professional and safe manner. Our staff work closely with alarm companies and the police, and are conversant with the processes involved with alarm activations and procedures.
Normally we act as Number One key holder between the hours of 1800hrs and 0900hrs on weekdays, with 24 hour cover on weekends and bank holidays.
3D Security provide you with a guaranteed response to your alarm activation 24 hours a day 365 days a year by professionally trained guards ready to deal with any situation. Upon alarm activation, the alarm monitoring company will by law contact the Number One key holder and not the Police. Within a timescale of 15 minutes at the latest, our Security Officers will arrive on site and conduct an internal and external check of your premises.
If the police have been called, either by the alarm monitoring company or us, our Security Officers will meet the police at the premises and allow entry into the building. If all is in order the premises and area of activation will be checked and the alarm will be reset and activated. If there is a fault on the alarm, we will contact an engineer and await his arrival. On completion of all steps, the alarm will be activated again and the building secured. We will also inform our client of action taken on the next working day, if no untoward incidents